Yes, we are highly 1031 exchange friendly! If you read our about page you know the purpose of this site and content is to support our goal of selling some of our parks and exchanging into new properties over the next few years. If you plan to sell and complete an exchange you couldn’t pick a better buyer than us! Let me explain why!
- As a seller, if you need more time to find a replacement property, not a problem. We can slide our close dates forward and backward to accommodate you.
- We are most likely funding our down-leg with a sale and we have a well qualified list of buyers for our properties, most of whom are using unencumbered funds.
- We always have a “plan B” alternative for the down payment and if we don’t, we will let you know.
- We are experienced buyers and understand the 1031 exchange process inside and out including traditional and reverse exchanges, rules and timing requirements.
- We have a good set of resources who provide us expert advice including our tax and legal adviser and intermediary who have completed 1000’s of successful exchanges.
Coordinating multiple exchanges is challenging but manageable. The key is to choose an experienced buyer, someone who understands the process, has done the advance work and has a well defined contingency plan. If you plan to exchange into a new property and need a buyer who can be flexible on the schedule, please contact us before signing a listing agreement with a broker!